Functions of Extension
Functions of Extension Services :
- To provide technical production information to farmers.
- To engage in off station testing of new varieties, fertilizers, pesticides, water management practices and land preparation operations developed by the Rice Research Station.
- To work in collaboration with farmers to identify production problems and advising on corrective measures.
- To provide field services in terms of crop survey, reporting and distribution of seed padi.
Extension services are provided through the following methods:
- Fliers, leaflets, brochures
- Seminars, workshops, group meetings
- Field visits
- Field Demonstrations
- Print and electronic media
- Farmer Field School